Transformations are hard,
and digital ones are even harder
1) Buy In - Successful transformations have a c-suite that is educated on the benefits and support the requirements in the form of firm goals.
2) Goals – Create ambitious goals, but achievable. Communicate them clearly throughout the org.
3) Funding – This requires investment. Secure it and protect it from cuts.
4) Talent - More than anything else, digital transformation requires talent.
5) Technology - From the IoT, data lakes, AI, AR, and SaaS solutions, the raw potential of emerging technologies is staggering.
6) Data - Most company data architecture is inadequate and has integrity issues. Transformations require data quality and solid analytics.
7) Process - Transformation requires an end-to-end customer mindset and seamless connection of work activities across department silos.
8) Execution – Utilize agile ways of working, set clear milestones, and review them regularly
9) Culture – Foster a digital culture that is hungry for change. Reward it visibly in the org.
10) Scale – Build capabilities and integrate the transformation into the company to sustain the change.
Don't underestimate the requirements for change....