Put your customer at the center of what you do, or your competition will.
Make the customer the sales channel
- Build consumer-centric strategies, where your products are available anywhere and anytime.
- Dissect your key customer segments and customer journeys and then assess what your customer base expects of you.
- Focus should be on the shopper, not on the store network. Create subsequent experiences.
- Think “mobile first” in your interactions with customers and contour the experiences to pre-store visit, engaging in store, and after check out experiences.
- Maintain a cohesive brand experience across platforms while tapping into the unique advantages different sales channels provide to better engage with consumers and drive conversion
Bridge the gap between physical space and e-commerce
- Create connected experiences across platforms, physical and digital, and leverage the distinct strengths each represents.
- Serve specific customer segments via e-commerce, and close underperforming locations in the retail network. Focus on locations and formats that are more productive.
- Create a synergy between e-commerce and physical stores by leveraging their strengths.
- Utilize endless aisles in store to offer all products to consumers.
- Design stores effectively to act as distribution and fulfillment centers.
- Ensure e-commerce can quickly direct customers to stores where they can physically interact with products and get live service.
Touchpoint architecture – interconnect touchpoints with purpose
- Break down the sales channel silos and become channel agnostic.
- Create an architecture of digital and physical customer touchpoints that is seamless along the customer journey.
- Ensure experiences are engaging, personalized, and flexible to where and how the consumer prefers to connect with the brand.
- Implement social commerce strategies that allow people to transact as closely to the social network as possible through partnerships with the platform.
Create seamless customer journeys
- Map existing and new experiences into potential customer journeys to identify friction points in the path-to-purchase and advocacy.
- Utilize impactful storytelling and entertainment to excite consumers and provide an easy path-to-purchase from there.
- Create online experiences that emulate the level of in-person interaction and experiences that shoppers expect in-store, through education and entertainment.
- Make it easy. Reduce steps and complications to the consumer and the risk of them falling off the path is reduced.
Personalize experiences and recommendations
- Develop personalization that welcomes consumers to your brand and create recommendations that are on target with your customer’s interests
- Understand what is truly possible through smartphone technology and then create a trusted relationship with the customer.
- Utilize social media tools to laser target consumers and connect their preferences with relevant products and experiences